What is prevent?
We as JTM and all of our Employers, have a duty to safeguard our learners to ensure that they are safe and acting within the law. Prevent is 1 out of 4 elements of CONTEST which is the government’s counter-terrorism strategy.
Prevent is not about preventing our learners from having political and religious views and concerns, but about supporting them to use those concerns or act on them in non-extremist ways.
- Extremism: vocal or active opposition to fundamental British values such as democracy, the rule of law and tolerance of different faiths and beliefs
- Ideology: a set of beliefs
- Terrorism:a violent action against people or property, designed to create fear and advance a political, religious or ideological cause
- Radicalisation: the process by which a person comes to support extremism and terrorism
More information can be found by reading our leaflet ‘Employers Guide to Prevent’ or by visiting external sources such as:
Learner Journey Steps
- 1-1 discussion with a member of the recruitment team or an assessor, who will offer initial advice and guidance.
- Organised workshops
- Completion of statutory documents
- Learner surveys